Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Proposed Iowa Double-Header for 2012.

As of right now I don't think I like the proposed IndyCar Double-Header that is set for Iowa in 2012. Before I go right into my reasoning, here is a little background info that has been given out about the plan.

The IndyCar Series has proposed a plan to run a night race on a Saturday, and then run a day race during Sunday on that same weekend at Iowa Speedway. From Curt Cavin's article Randy Bernard says "a potential Iowa double-dip would cut down costs for fans, possibly expand TV opportunities and balance the schedule between road and oval courses. The series will run nine races on road/street courses this season and eight on ovals such as Iowa in 2011." Randy Bernard has also discussed the plan with Iowa Speedway President Jerry Jauron about the idea, and Jauron likes the plan.

 I feel that the first race will be sold out and attended by the most people, but I don't think the second race will get even half as many people in attendance and the TV Ratings will not be as good for the second race. Most people will not be able to stay for both races, many have too much to do with there lives during the weekends. Although there aren't many hotels, this event could turn into a spending fiasco, paying for hotel rooms, food, gas, and tickets. I don't feel that some people are willing to spend a ton of money right now. As I said I don't think this is a good idea right now, but my opinion on this can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment